MATH-1610 Calculus I
In this first course of the calculus sequence,
you will develop a range of foundational skills
that lay the groundwork for more advanced mathematical studies.
- Understanding Limits
- Understanding derivatives
- Symbolic differentiation:
- Power rule
- Product rule
- Quotient rule
- chain rule.
- Derivatives of
exponential function, logarithm,
trigonometric functions, and hyperbolic functions
- Implicit differentiation
- Applications of differentiation: Applying derivatives to solve problems related to rates of change, optimization, related rates, and curve sketching.
- Integration: Developing the ability to find indefinite and definite integrals using techniques such as substitution, integration by parts, and trigonometric substitution.
- Understanding the Fundamental Theorems of Calculus
- Applications of Integration: Using integrals to calculate areas under curves, volumes of solids of revolution, and work done by varying forces.
- Understanding the Mean Value Theorem